Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
Certificate II in Automotive Underbody Technology
Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
Certificate II in Construction Pathways
Certificate II in Construction
Certificate III in Carpentry
Certificate II in Engineering
Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade
Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
Certificate III in Furniture Making
Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Certificate II in Electronics
Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
VET for School Students - (VSS)
VSS is supported by the Government of South Australia and is available for eligible VSS Students.
To be eligible for access to a subsidised training place, a school student must meet the following criteria.
They must be:
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or,
- A permanent Australian resident or,
- An eligible visa holder
- Residing in South Australia
They must also be:
- enrolled in Year 11, 12 or 13 and are 16 years of age or turning 16 years of age in the current year of that enrolment, and
- undertaking SACE or equivalent and,
- have completed a preparatory VET pathway - please refer, VET for School Students Approved Evidence for Completion of a Relevant VET Pathway Guide, (available from your VET Coordinator)
Whilst at school the secondary school student can access a total of one Certificate II course and one Certificate III course. If a secondary school student completes 70% of a course and exits without completion, they will consume one of their course entitlements.
Acceptance into a subsidised course will be determined through the VET Readiness Orientation process (VETRO), which will occur following receipt of a completed VET for School Student Referral to Training Form from the secondary school. Please refer https://providers.skills.sa.gov.au/Deliver/Upfront-Assessment-of-Need
Eligibility criteria apply - please refer to www.skills.sa.gov.au/courses-careers/eligibility-explained.
Students will need to supply their own PPE - steel-capped boots, eye and ear protection. VSS approved course co-contribution is $260.00, invoiced to the school of enrolment.
INDICATIVE STUDENT COURSE FEES
Training Fees -
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR30620) Training Contract Enrolments Only,
- Certificate III in Engineering Mechanical Trade (MEM30219) Training Contract Enrolments Only,
- Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication Trade (MEM30319) Training Contract Enrolments Only,
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making (MSF31113) Training Contract Enrolments Only
The Government of South Australia will fund MTC Training 80% of the training fee to provide accredited training to Apprentices in South Australia undertaking the above qualifications. The gap payment will be invoiced to the Employer dependent upon your agreed arrangement for these fees. MTC Training will prepare an invoice annually to the Employer unless advised otherwise.
CITB Apprentice Training Support (ATS)
From July 2021, CITB supports the eligible employer of any eligible apprentice or trainee directly with ATS funding to cover the costs of training, supervision, and assessment, and we will be invoicing the employer for any trade school training.
Information and application for training card can be found on the CITB website - www.citb.org.au.
Optional Incidental Expenses
Students are required to supply their own PPE - steel cap boots, eye and ear protection.